Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Anutap


An incident happened yesterday in my life that kind of made me repent a lot on some of my actions in the past.

Before I move about confessing my wrong, let me put a few words on the intention or feelings based on which I started this blog.

My feelings were blind, headless (no wonder I have Ketu in almost conjunction with my Ascendant, astrologically speaking)- it was a fire inside to tell the world about Shiva, that he is much more than mere Rudra in Vedas, Mahadeva in Puranas and even more than Sadashiva mentioned in Shiv Purana. Shiva is Truth that we see all around us.

Anyway, to express my self, I found paintings, writings all over the internet and selectively edited them and pasted on my blog.

This act was more like the passion of Shiva when Sati died. He continued his tandava, without thinking a moment that what effect it could have to the universe.

However, there is always the sudarshan chakra of Vishnu that cut Sati's body into 52 parts and made Him stop his dance of destruction.

(Image from : http://www.exoticindiaart.com/artimages/pc83.jpg)

For my blog too, I have posted many articles and particularly beautiful paintings to portray just one message- my love for Shiva. However, in doing so, I did not give due credit to the source of these paintings as I never thought it to be important. My only motive was to express myself in which ever means possible, from which ever source available.

However, I now realise that this act was not correct and I realised this from a mail sent by a blessed soul - the sudarshan chakra, Mr. Kapil Goel from Exotic India (http://www.exoticindia.com)

Sent: Tue 1/31/2006 1:29 PM

To: explore_vulcan@yahoo.com

Subject: Satyam Shivam Sundaram

Namaste Souvik,

Thank you for sharing.

I noticed that you are using our images on your blog. Though youare welcome to reproduce our images for non-commercial uses,kindly do so with the necessary credits and link to http://www.exoticindiaart.com

In case you are unable to provide the credit to the source, I request you to kindly remove the images from your page.

Warm regards,

Kapil Goel

Exotic India

http://www.exoticindia.com

I would be doing the following to rectify my mistake over the next one week:

1) Include all the image links and article links in all possible articles. I shall try my best to recollect as many links as possible and if I have missed out any, I would request the readers to correct me.

2) Put all the links of root websites from which I have taken the images in the links section of the blog. However, I may not recollect all the links or may miss some of the articles. In that respect I would be grateful if the readers could point out such lapses on my part.

Last but not the least, I would like to apologize to Exotic India and all other websites from whom I had taken the wonderful visual descriptions of Shiva for not giving them their due credit and would also like to thank Exotic India to give me an oppurtunity to revist all my blog articles once again and re-instill the spirit of devotion to the Only One, the Ultimate Truth- Shiva.

Om Namah Shivay!

Shivaya Namah Om!

~ Souvik

No comments: