Sunday, June 18, 2006

Adi Anadi

"Although Nirguna (formless), I am Saguna (with form) too and the author of dissolution, maintenance and creation. I am the Supreme Brahmn without decay and change. Existence, knowledge and bliss are my characteristics... I manifest myself in the forms of Brahma, Vishnu and Hara."
~Shiva, Rudra Samhita, Shiva Purana
"The seer and the object are like the rope and the snake. Just as the know-ledge of the rope which is the substratum will not arise unless the false knowledge of the illusory serpent goes, so the realisation of the Self which is the substratum will not be gained unless the belief that the world's real is removed."
~Ramana Maharshi
"I am neither death nor doubt. I do not possess the distinction of any species. Neither do I have a father or mother, nor birth. Neither a relative nor a friend, nor a disciple.I am verily the auspiciousness of the form of consciousness-bliss. I am indeterminate, not having any form because (I am) the Lord of all the organs everywhere. I am neither that which is disunited nor liberation nor bondage. I am verily the auspiciousness of the form of consciousness-bliss. "
~Adi Sankara, Nirvanasatkam

No comments: