Thursday, March 09, 2006

Abode-My Kashi


Act I, Scene I
(I open Google News on Tuesday Evening US time to see the disastrous Varanasi bomb blast)
Me: O Shiva! Is this the day I had to see? It is the day of your Rudramsa, Mahabali Bhajrang when thousands had gathered to pay homage to Hanumanji. It is your Kashi, the city so dear to your heart that you said that in pralaya you won't destroy this city.
(A divine voice rumbled in the background)
Voice: Yada Yada Hi Dharmasya
(I ignored the voice and kept saying)
Me: Hey Aashutosh! How could you allow innocent children, women, pilgrims to be killed on your holi land? Hey Devadidev, such a blow on the faith instilled in the very minds of humanity, how could you allow it, O Kalpataru?
Voice: Glanirva Bhavathi Bharatha
Me: Who is it? Is anyone there? Who is saying these words, whose voice is this-so divine, so deep?
(No response, I carry on)
Hey Jagad Guru? Why them? Why O Ishwar? What is this Lila, Maheshwar?
Voice: Abhyuthanam Adharmaysya
Me: Who is it?
(the Voice now becomes louder and continues)
Voice: Tadatmanam Srijami Aham
Praritranaya Sadhunam Vinashaya Cha Dushkritam Dharamasansthapnaya Sambhavami Yuge-Yuge.
(tears roll down my cheeks)
Me: O Shiva, it is time, I understand now. The ghara of paapa has to be full before Divine manifests. O Shiva, I am gyan heen ordinary manushya, why did you reveal this secret to me!
Voice: Shivoham!
~Souvik

No comments: